WEEK 2


Whatifs



_________________________________________________________________________________
Shel Silverstein: An America Poet
Name_______________________
Whatif
from the book "A Light in the Attic" (1981)

Last night, while I lay thinking here,
some Whatifs crawled inside my ear 
and pranced and partied all night long
and sang their same old Whatif song: 
Whatif I'm dumb in school?
Whatif they've closed the swimming pool?
Whatif I get beat up?
Whatif there is poison in my cup?
Whatif I start to cry?
Whatif I get sick and die?
Whatif flunk that test?
Whatif green green hair grows on my chest?
Whatif nobody likes me?
Whatif a bolt of lighting strikes me?
Whatif I don't grow taller?
Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
Whatif the fish won't bite?
Whatif the wind tear my kite?
Whatif they start a war?
Whatif my parents get divorced?
Whatif the bus is late?
Whatif my teeth don't grow straight?
Whatif I tear my pants?
Whatif I never learn to dance?
Everything seems well, and then
the nighttime Whatifs strikes again!



In this poem Silverstein uses personification, or treating a non-human thing as if it were alive and giving it human traits. Find the part of the poem where the Whatifs are personified and include the ACTION verb s attributed to them to show they have human qualities. 
  • some Whatifs crawled inside my ear and pranced and partied all night long and sang their same old Whatif song
A theme is an overall moral or message implied but not directly stated. IN YOUR OWN WORDS what message do you think Silverstein is trying to convey. Two complete sentences please.

Silverstein is try to convey that every night the a lot of problems will come to our brain. And all the worries that a children or a teenager have.

_________________________________________________________________________________

LESSON 2 REFLECTIONS


A. What are my first thoughts about the lesson?
      Have a lot of relationship between our age.
B. What were some of the most interesting discoveries I made while working on this week's lesson?
      I discovered that a lot of children or teenager have what kind of problems that they have or  they are facing.
C. What is the most important thing I learned personally?
      I learned that in life we need to been through a lot of problems but still need to face it not to run away from it or hide from it find solution to solve it.
D. How do I feel the content of the lesson relates to real-world situations and problems?
      It relates to real-world such as: Whatif my parents get divorced. A lot of people will scare that their parents get divorced maybe all people doesn't like parents get divorced. This poem relates a lot to real-world.
E. What are some interesting points of the lesson that I wish to share/teach someone else?
      Actually you don't have to think to much what will going to happen next you can think back some wonderful stuff and the next day you will have energy and not feeling tired and can learn 
more and more things.
F. How will I use what I've learned in the future?
       Try not to get myself in trouble before anyone beat me up.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 1

WEEK 4